rough cut of short film

A simple rough cut of my short film.




I have gathered all of the footage that I have taken and put it in order so that the story makes sense to the audience. However, I had initially intended that the narrative of my short film would be chronological with flashbacks weaved in and so I realised that when I had put the footage together, that the film needs to be edited and shuffled so that the sequence of events makes sense. I am happy with my rough cut because I think I gathered quite a lot of good footage that will be used in my final edit, and in my rough cut I had deleted a few pieces of footage that had not relevance or importance to my story or its plot. The final cut will be different because I will have to edit all of the footage that I have and condense or delete it so that my short film is no longer than five minutes, I will cut and shorten a lot of the takes that I have filmed because I was able to gather a lot of different camera angles and so this is important during continuity editing; I want the cinematography to be as fluid and effortless as I can make it. I do however, need to take more footage so that the story makes complete sense to the audience, and so that I am able to collect as many angles and movements of the camera as I can to make the film more intense and look more similar to the short films that I have already studied. I also think that I will need to edit and tweak my storyboard a little so that when I make my final edit I can use as many resources that I made when planning to save me time and effort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rehearsal footage - final edit

evaluative analysis of my short film.